From Morloch Wiki
Troubleshooting covers the most common issues that prevent players from playing Shadowbane.
Launcher & Verification
- Problem: "Mac Address" field is empty on the launcher app
- Cause: Using the incorrect launcher on a 32-bit system
- Solution: If your system is 32-bit, you must use the 32-bit launcher found in the Shadowbane file directory.
- Problem: "Could not connect to server." error
- Cause: The patch server is down or rebooting.
- Solution: Please wait and try again in a few minutes.
Launcher Config Site
- Problem: "Hash mismatch" error
- Cause: There is a typo in the MAC Address, Auth Code, or both or you have not downloaded the newest launcher.
- Solution: Double check the numbers entered in the website match those on your launcher app or download the latest version of the launcher.
- Problem: "Auth Code Already Registered" error
- Cause: You or someone else has already registered an account
- Solution: This is intentional. Only one account can be registered to a device.
Client Access and Gameplay
Unable to Login
- Problem: "Unable to login, please try again. If this problem persists contact customer support (Error - MAC not authorized. Use the SBE Launcher.)" error
- Cause: The account has not been verified, or you have registered less than 5 minutes ago.
- Solution: Follow the First-Time Login instructions, or wait 5 minutes to log in after registering.
- Problem: "The Server is Busy" error
- Cause: Server is down for maintenance or rebooting
- Solution: The server will be back up shortly. If not, please check the forum or discord server for more information.
- Problem: Camera is zoomed in too far and distorts view
- Cause: DPI settings
- Solution: Close the client. Right-click
SB.exeinside the Shadowbane directory, and click Properties. Uncheck "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Re-launch the game via the launcher.
- Problem: Character has a multiboxing debuff when not multiboxing
- Cause: Improper logout
- Solution: The game should not be closed from anywhere except the character select screen. If the client was previously closed via the task manager or you experienced a client crash, log back into the same character and quit to the character select screen prior to switching characters. You may have to repeat this for any character that experienced an improper logout.
- Problem: Middle mouse button (Mouse 3) does not pan the camera
- Cause: Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update removed this functionality (Source)
- Solution: To fix this issue, you must rollback the update. To uninstall the Fall Creators Update, go to Start > Settings and click on Update & Security. Click the Recovery link on the left and then click on Get started under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10."
- Problem: The user interface (UI) is too short or too big for the screen
- Cause: The UI is preset for another resolution
- Solution: While you can not change the default UI settings, you can fully customize the position of all UI elements by holding shift, then left-clicking to drag. The layout you settle upon is automatically saved and can be imported when making new characters. See UI Setup for detailed support.
- Problem: Stuck inside a building or piece of scenery
- Cause: Graphical or one-off glitches.
- Solution: Type
/stuckinto the chat and press enter. Wait 10-seconds, and your character will be teleported outside of the object.
- Problem: No "Quit Game" option in the in-game menu
- Cause: Intentional change
- Solution: The game should not be closed from anywhere except the character select screen. If you do so by accident, or experience a client crash, log back into the same character and quit to the character select screen prior to switching characters to avoid an inappropriate multibox penalty.
- Problem: Group formation is not working.
- Cause: Standing inside a city grid, or participated in combat recently.
- Solution: Group formations do not work inside city grids or on anyone who participated in combat in the previous 60 seconds.