First of all, Welcome to Shadowbane!
This guide was written for folks who do not regularly follow the Shadowbane Emulator and want to start playing as soon as possible.
|Step 1: Account Creation|
You must have a forum account to play the game. You don't have to post or interact with the community if you don't want to, but you need a working account! The username and password you create will also be your login ID and password for the game itself. Click below to register.
- Click the Register button above.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter your user name of choice, then fill out other details. You'll need to validate your email address before the account is activated.
- Once your account is active, you'll be able to post on the forums, but that is not required for playing the game.
|Step 2: Download|
- Download the file linked above.
- Extract the files to any folder you like.
- Create a shortcut to sbe_launcher.exe in a convenient spot and use that to launch Shadowbane.
|Step 3: Play|
Now that you have the launcher, its time to boot it up!
First-Time Login: Step-by-Step
- Open the launcher app by using your shortcut to sbe_launcher.exe.
- You will see that the launcher has assigned you a "MAC" and "CODE". Click the small block of text right above the MAC to be taken to the forum's verify page.
- Enter the MAC and CODE numbers from your launcher, and click VERIFY.
- Once the website has confirmed your account is verified, you can click PLAY!
What Should I Do Now?
Get Up-to-Speed on Changes
If you are a returning player, visit the following forum post to learn everything that has changed between the live game and now:
Decide How You Want to Play
Shadowbane is a lot more fun when you have allies, and certain game features require access to player-made cities. If you would like to make some new friends or find a guild, check out the. If you are already playing Shadowbane with friends, now is the time to let them know that you've set up the client and are ready to play.
For assistance with creating your first character, proceed to the next part in the series: Character Creation. If you've already got a character, or need no assistance, you can proceed right to the in-game portion: Newbie Isle.
Need Further Help?
If you are getting stuck or running into any trouble with this guide, there are people willing to help out! Log into ourto ask the community for guidance, or use new forum account to post in our .