To Do as of January 2010
It seems the game might come back with the Shadowbane Emulator project. I'm glad Hale decided not to vaporize this wiki, but it is still imperfect.
When I notice large projects that need to be worked on I'll add them to this new to-do list!
- More templates and class builds. Only Priest Templates seems to have a large, complete list of templates. Some others have very few and the following have NONE:
I'd like to see the weapon power, weapon, and armor piece articles condensed into their articles per subject as well. Each page using headers has a table of contents built in, there is no reason to make a separate article for all of these things.
There are some articles that already exist to host this information as well:
--Rewen 14:44, 14 January 2010 (EST)
Made an inquiry to my host today and my site is being upgraded to php5 within the next three weeks. At that point Mediawiki can finally be upgraded and we can stop worrying about bots. --Halethrain 02:43, 24 Jan 2008 (EST)
- Made the first upgrade of the wiki to 1.5.0. This now forces you to verify your username through an email sent out.
- Wiki is now upgraded to 1.11.1. Should be able to remove any protection from pages.
I like how the ToC will stay hidden on all articles after I hide it on one. It's annoying but sometimes you need it. I'm not really sure what more we can do now that its upgraded though, got any examples? --Rewen 17:13, 30 January 2008 (EST)
- There's a lot of backend features that you won't be able to use, but some stuff that I can add that will help security and management. For example, I can link the wiki to my phpbb forums user list. That way you create an account on my forum and the wiki would use your forum information for a log-in. I can add in multimedia embedding and such too. Lots of stuff i'm able to do that i'll have to look at when my birthweek celebration is over. --Halethrain 17:34, 30 January 2008 (EST)
- Here's a list of extensions I can add to the wiki: list of extensions --Halethrain 17:36, 30 January 2008 (EST)
Hope no ones minds
I took some steps into making the front page of the wiki more intuitive. --Halethrain 21:44, 23 Jan 2008 (EST)
- Looks a lot more organized, I just think it needs a little color! --Rewen 23:16, 23 Jan 2008 (EST)
- Actually working on that ;d --Halethrain 23:30, 23 Jan 2008 (EST)
Looks like Aerynth and Dalgoth are being phased out. That will make disc dropper coords simpler and also make a lot of macrozone pages obsolete, but should we just trash all of this old information after they get wiped? I would not assume that these mapsets will never come back, but in the mean time I would like to see simpler pages. Anyone have any thoughts on that? --Rewen 21:41, 22 Jan 2008 (EST)
- Not like we can't bring them back if we have to once they're trashed, so i don't see why not. We really need to add a main navigation to the site though. Something like wowwiki.com has. Navigation via search isn't the greatest. --Halethrain 21:43, 22 Jan 2008 (EST)
They're getting to be way too much. I can't keep up with them and it takes about 45 minutes to clean up their recent attacks. Is there any way we can update the wiki software to some that offers more protection?
In the mean time I will be protecting a few pages. Class, disc, zones and things that are expected to change often I will not protect to make it easier for everyone.
I am adding a note to the main page regarding this. --Rewen 16:16, 4 Jan 2008 (EST)
Jan 9th '08
Three days without a single act of vandalism. I think this may be working!
I updated the Main Page and added some unlinked stuff - it was a bit confusing with too many links there so i removed the the classes, charters and stuff and just linked the Categories. Revoke it if you don't like it. -Beliar
Users need to help add their knowledge to the resource page.
Vindi vs other Vorri mapset servers
There needs to be some sort of tag distinguishing locations on Vindication from locations on other Vorringia servers, since everything is changed on the loreserver (zones, locations, trainers, etc).
don't play on vindi
Thus it's not my problem suckers! Bwahahaha
-Halethrain 12:06, 15 Sep 2006 (EDT)
Nice answer. I didn't realize there was a difference and I have been modifying all the Vorringia Discipline dropper locations. If they are different then we need a different set of tags. Call it the Vindication map. --Vreejack 2006/10/01
You would need to do something like make one page for Vorringia mapset drops, One for Aerynth mapset drops, etc. and include which servers use which mapset. Each dropper is different for each server. ---Intim
We already have that. The point is that Vindication's Vorringia map has moved the runegates and macrozones for some reason. Using Vorringia_(modified) since it had already been created, but since they can clearly fork the maps if they wish to then we should probably start reffering to them by their server names and not the map names as they split in the future --Vreejack
Those despised breaks
The "br" breaks are extremely annoying. They are used for the next line, not the line they are on, and make regexp editing a super pain. They are also ugly and violate the spirit of text markup. Using a level-five header (=====) instead of bold type where appropriate (I said where appropriate, sometimes you need to use bold, but if the entire line is in bold type you should maybe think about it) makes more sense. Also, using bullets for lists makes more sense as well. If you bullet your lists then you don't need to use the "br" hack/kludge. --Vreejack
- Actually there are only the three headers (=, ==, ===). Anything more just makes a level three header. --Rewen 20:59, 24 March 2008 (EDT)
- Just testing... Ah!
- In the TOC and on my screen, at least, there's a difference at this time between the level three, four, five and six headers.
- Just testing... Ah!
Najwalaylah 00:48, 24 August 2008 (EDT)
page break markup, etc
At this point, all the heavy lifting of copying and pasting races, classes, and powers has been completed. For those sections, we mostly just need to make sure the information is accurate and up to date.
Is it really worth going through every page to replace break-marked areas with bullet lists at this point? It was indeed really annoying having to put the BR markup in there, but are we going to be doing ourselves any favors by going through and removing all of them?
I personally think the powers descriptions look better when only the areas under "Applies Effects" are bulleted. Otherwise there are just far too many bullets on the page. Almost all the information on many of the pages is in the form of lists. Thats a lot of bullets. And while it may be sensible to use ===== in places like the "Available Classes" lists, they don't seem to look as nice on the one you chaged (Aracoix) than on the unchanged races.
I'd be happy to help with making the pages consistent, but I want to be really sure before we wade into changing almost every page on here. --Zenjah 18:10, 8 Oct 2006 (EDT)
- I find it really easy to either replace all the deprecated break tags with self-closing ones (and I've been doing so, on pages I come across as I cross them), or fairly easy to take them out and use some bullets at the front of selected lines, but I agree the powers descriptions look nicer without them. I would be in favour of using bullets only for what really constitutes a list, but, very much of the content here is in a list of some kind.
Najwalaylah 00:57, 24 August 2008 (EDT)
It might look better if all the bullets were defferent for different levels, as they are in the originals. Perhaps I am just used to bullets. They certainly do make a difference when entries take up more than one line but a list of single words doesn't seem to improve from them. Vreejack 18:47, 8 Oct 2006 (EDT)
I made a modified version of the Assassin page that gets rid of all BR tags and treats all lists as actual lists. Is Assassin Compare an improvement over Assassin? Is it worth putting in the effort to do this to all the races, classes, and discs? --Zenjah 20:58, 8 Oct 2006 (EDT)
Cleaner and easier to maintain. I don't see any reason to undertake a full-scale transformation of every page, though. Just redo them whenever you need to edit them anyway. I'm still experimenting. See the Discipline dropper/trainer list I just added for Werewolf. Vreejack 15:50, 12 Oct 2006 (EDT)
Stuff still to be done
This has turned into an excellent resource, but I think we could make it even better!
- Zones: Many zones are actually the same, just in different locations and on different mapsets. These duplicate zones seem to mostly have stub pages or no page at all. I suggest picking one mapset, and creating full references for all its zones. Then, create a stub for all its duplicates, saying that it is identical to zone blah, and linking it. I don't know if duplicate zones all have the same droppers, or if they are different, so these details might have to go into each zone's page individually.
- Items: How about a library of the stats of the various types of 100% and 110% gear? Some of the weapons are up already, but some are under the skill and some in separate pages.
- Templates: There are priest and fury templates pages already, why not other classes? This might seem a lot of work, but this is a wiki so we can all add our own, or ones we find on the forums and use.
- Skills: We could add which classes get each skill, and what powers base off it. Not full descriptions like on the class pages, just links, or even just a class link with the powers listed undeneath. Also focus weapons should be noted.
-Darksoul 14:42, 22 Dec 2006 (EST)
I'll be putting up resource maps over the next little while. I'm currently creating the maps for zones that don't have any. Doesn't take me long to generate the actual image, but getting all the Microzone names is annoying. Anyway, I've also put up a couple Safezone maps with legends for Aerynth mapset. If someone wants to build a page for them it'd be nice.
-Halethrain 00:40, 16 Feb 2007 (EST)
To-Do list as of March 24th, 2008
- Create image map navigation system for macrozones on Vorringia Done
- Calculate run speed to reflect changes in Patch 22 for Centaur Done
- Druid picture on Druid Done
- Reduce picture size on Sentinel Done
- Various armor sets need images for Light Armor, Medium Armor, and Heavy Armor
- Create Cloth page Done
- Need zone images for Vale of Nar Addad, Grimstaark Peaks, and Huldrings Vald Done
Front Page Change
I'd like to see the link to the Elite Armor (vorgrim) placed under popular Categories on the front page.
It might be good to have a TODO list link of pages the most need doing ont he main page so people can click there and think, wiat, I know that/can do that/could pull that off/whatever who might have never done so.
Pinothyj 10:30, 15 April 2008 (EDT)â€¦