Patch notes for Shadowbane v188.8.131.52 which was released on April 25th, 2003.
|In-Testing Notes 184.108.40.206 (Additions)|
- Dwarven feet should look much less wonky in character selection
- Removed some 'Bring A Friend' exploits.
- Guild member list should now show more than 10 people.
- Fixed a couple of instances of guards whacking at each other.
- Equipment that mobiles wear will now be more damaged when dropped.
- Player-owned sages should now sell the goodies they create.
- You may no longer invite someone to a group if either party is in combat mode.
- Combat close when attacking should only break when using a non-move power
- Improved some issues that were causing laggy terrain loading.
- The 'Delete Character' query will now have 'Cancel' as the default instead of 'Accept'
- Cleaned up a couple of minor furniture placement issues.
- Fixed some overly impressive particle effects.
- Fixed a bug where walls would want to decay
- Reduced players ability to fill the petition queue with spam.
- You can now turn off the 'teleport tunnel' with a preference in the game's config file.
- Training HUD will display base skill (instead of, say, skill as altered by armor dex penalty)
- Pets in safe zones will cease to attempt to repeatedly attack unattackable targets, spamming everyone around them.
- Monsters will be less confused if they are stunned before they even make contact.
- New cities should start to appear in a timely manner on the world map.
- Fixed an issue that kept certain magic weapons from being useful with weapon powers.
- Fixed a couple of typos.
- 56K Connectivity should be much improved.
- Maintenance timer displays should now be based upon your clock's local time instead of GMT.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from joining guilds or safehold cities.
- Rogue barbarians will once again be able to use hammers.
- The base healer class' group buffs have been reexamined, and made more viable. Among other things, they now have lower Benediction prerequisite, and only require 20 points in the single target version of their spell.
- Fixed a number of mobs that were dropping extra equipment they weren't supposed to have
- Fixed a number of NPC's that would spawn inside graphical assets, trees, counters etc.
- Fixed a number of floating building problems
- Fixed a number of typos and spelling errors for NPC names, titles and dialogs
- Fixed the outfits for a number of NPCs that were missing shoes, sleeves, etc.
- Fixed a number of NPC spawn radius and placement problems
- Fixed a problem where powers with quick cast times could cause an "infinite" casting animation loop
- Fixed a number of zones where NPC's were immediately respawning
- Fixed a number of zone entries that would keep some mobs from spawning
- Fixed a few mobs that weren't assisting when called by friends
- The Undead Hunter Discipline Rune is now dropping
- Fixed the mouseover descriptions for chants to better indicate that they are chants
- Fixed a couple of zones in the bandit wetlands that was partially in the water
- Fixed the text string for the Wizard's 'Incantation of Augmentation'
- Fixed the text strings for 'Psychic Healing' to match the function of this spell
- Fixed the description for the 'Tough as Nails' trait to properly indicate the bonuses it confers
- Long Blades can now be found as treasure.
- Rogues now get Staff powers
- Huntresses now get Axe powers
- Templars now get Pole Arm powers
- Some weapon powers now have distinctive blade trails depending on the type of debuff in the power
- Sun Dancer and Gladiator trainers will now train Unarmed Combat Skill
- All harmful AOE's now insure caster is excluded
- All faith based detrimental AOE's now exclude the casters group.
- The Channeler spells 'Ignite' and 'Incendiary Blast' now have particle effects
- Runemasters will now sell fixed warrants
- Storm Lords now get the focus skill called "Stormcalling" for their powers.
- Blood Prophets now get the focus skill "Flamecalling]]" for their powers.
- The focus skills for Storm Lords and Blood Prophets are automatically granted at 35
- For anyone that owns or applies these disciplines the proper trainers now train these skills as well.
- The Hillman in Connauch Village will now aggro
- Griffons will now "slope hug"
- Bhalalar warriors are now using more appropriate shields.
- Grathol is now the alpha basilisk in his pack rather than the runt
- Many NPC's now have their proper names like King Lundak and the Exiled King Mahn-Tor
- There is now a proper default HUD layout for the 1152 X 864 resolution setting
- You can no longer manipulate wall caps separately from their attached walls
- A few microzones were moved improving prop placement in certain terrains
- Made a number of cosmetic tweaks to various zones
- Reduced aggro on pet heals
- The Dark Knight power Dark Curse no longer checks "to-hit" but now has a 10 second recycle time
- The Channeler Spell 'Blizzard' and the Fury spell 'Call the Blizzard' have had their particle effects toned down
- 'Benediction of Rejuvenation' and 'Sacred Rejuvenation' now correctly increase in mana cost when trained
- Removed the mana cost for 'Surpass Limits'
- 'Psychic Healing' now has a 12 second recycle time
- Bounty Hunters will now provide their proper introduction and dialog
- Removed some extraneous props from various NPC buildings and zones
- Replaced a few torches that didn't fit their environments
- Mage-Wizard Trainers in Knightsbridge and Vorringard are easier to get to now
- The Bard Trainer in Kings Cross should be a bit easier to find now
- Runemasters in Safeholds can now sub-guild. This puts the Herald in Khar out of job and so he's been removed.
- The pre-req for the Wizard's 'Group Astral Tether' power has been fixed
- The pre-reqs for Confessor powers 'Purgation' & 'Visage of Purity' have been lowered
- The pre-reqs for Warlock's 'Calm' and 'Danger Sense' and Wizard's 'Translocation' are lowered
- The Healer spell 'Prayer of Mending' (group heal) now has a lower pre-req
- Barbarians no longer have any skill prerequisites to acquire the Throwing skill
- The Barbarian power 'Shout' no longer checks "to-hit" and will now always land. However, the stamina cost and recycle time for this power have been slightly increased.
- The Bard song 'Dance of Darrac the Dauntless' is now granted at GM level
- Mouseover descriptions for 'mes' type spells will now have a better indication of applicable target types
- Crossbow users now have access to comparable powers of Bow users
- Weapon bleed powers have been buffed slightly
- Stun immunity applied for all stuns now last three times as long
- Witchsight items have been slightly nerfed (the skill rank for each magic level has been decreased)
- All Heals should generate less hate now
- Earth resistance items should no longer be getting generated as treasure
- Powers for faster weapons now cost less stamina, than slower ones
The Berserker rune has been removed from the game and will no longer drop as treasure. Additionally, all current characters with the Berserker rune will find that this rune has been replaced with a placeholder and all points spent on Berserker powers have been refunded. Please petition a CCR to have this placeholder rune removed from your character so that you can replace it with another discipline.
Bards have gotten a number of improvements. Bards now get Sword and Staff Mastery. Hate values associated with recovery chants have been reduced. Durations for Attribute buffs have been fixed. Effects for group Attribute buffs have been improved. Mana cost for chants have been removed.
|Previous Version:||Version 220.127.116.11|
|Next Version:||Version 18.104.22.168|