Summon is a type of power that teleports willing targets to the caster's location. Summon is essential for proper mobilization in nearly every aspect of the game.
How to Use
Upon clicking the summon power cameo from your powers list, the HUD will prompt the user to enter a name. The intended recipient of the summon is typed in the box, and then confirmed with the check mark button. Upon clicking, the caster will begin the 7-second casting animation. Taking damage during this time will interrupt the spell. If the animation is allowed to complete, the target player will receive a prompt indicating your action and your location.
Summon has no range limit.
Summon can fail for a number of reasons:
- The recipient may choose to reject the summon, causing it to be burnt.
- If the summon is attempted on a character that is not logged in or doesn't exist, the summon will fizzle.
- If the summon is attempted on a player who is in combat mode, the summon will fail and an error message will be returned.
- If a player that accepted a summon enters combat mode before the teleportation effect occurs, the summon will fail and an error message will be returned.
- Main article: Vocabulary
- Chain summon is a mobilization technique wherein a player casts summon on another character with the summon power, who in turn summons yet another character with summon and so on. This can be timed so that each player in the chain arrives at nearly the same time.
- SRFS is an acronym for "summoner ready for summon". When mobilizing for battle, it is most efficient to gather characters with the summon ability first, since they can in turn use their own summon to bring yet another to the battlefield. This acronym is used to communicate "if you summon me, I can someone someone else there, too".
- NSRFS is an acronym for "non-summoner ready for summon". When mobilizing for battle, it is most efficient to gather characters with the summon ability first, since they can in turn use their own summon to bring yet another to the battlefield. This acronym is used to communicate that you are not a summoner, but are none the less waiting on a summon.
- Queue in the context of summoning means to press the summon button and have a specific name typed in and ready to cast at a moment's notice.
Summon is available in three tiers. The strongest summons have the shortest delay between the initial casting and summon teleport*. Summon can not be improved by any means; it will automatically appear in the powers list if the prerequisites are met.
- Tier One summon, or GM summon is only found on the Priest prestige class. This type of summon can be cast every 4 minutes.
- Tier Two summon can be obtained by any Healer once they reach both level 25 and have a Benediction skill of 69% or higher. This type of summon can be cast every 5 minutes.
- Tier Three summon, also called "vampire summon" is available to any Vampire that takes the Belgosch discipline and has a Bloodcraft skill of 80% or higher. This type of summon can be cast every 8 minutes.
- * If any summon is used on a target that was recently engaged in PvP, they will always wait the maximum delay.
The following is contains power details for the most common type of summon, which is available to all healers.
- "Single Target Summon"
- requires Benediction Skill ( 69 )
- Granted: Level 25
- Power Rank: 30 ( Proficient)
- No teachers for this skill exist (skill cannot be advanced).
- Focus Skill: Benediction
- Flagged As: Spell (Cancels effects which are cancelled by Spellcasting).
- Mana Cost: 200
- Casting Time: 7 seconds
- Recycle Time: 300 to 240 seconds (at power ranks 30 to 40)
- Generates Hate: No
- Power User Requirements: Player must not be moving when he activates this power.
- Mode Required: Either Combat or Non-Combat Mode
- Requires Hit Roll: No
- Spell cast cancelled if caster takes any damage at all while in spellcasting trance.
- Target and Range: Players Only (1000000 Units) who are not in combat during the cast or effect.
- Can affect caster and group members.
- Player can summon another player to his location.
- Casts as power rank 1 if used to summon players engaged in PvP