Aerynthian Historical Documents
It has been five full generations since the Age of Kings. When the All-Father turned his back from the World, the Realm was cast into Darkness. The sun became but a wives tale, as the World was blanketed with furious storms. Even the clouds let forth endlessly, drowning the land with a sickening rain of blood. Disease and starvation struck hard, turning most cities into little more than festering wounds.
Then came the endless War.
Brutal Warlords rose up, turning brigand mobs into formidable armies. The Church struggled valiantly, a final attempt to calm the hearts of the few innocents who remain.
Most knowledge was lost, as a new Dark Age descended on mankind. Statues of wondrous might lie forgotten, half-buried in the sand, the Great Library of Aerynth burned, her once great Towers fallen.
The End is Near... and in this Final Hour, a single hope remains.
They call it Shadowbane, a light to stand against the Darkness.
You can use the following historical references to help gain knowledge of Aerynth's past. These articles have been divided into the five Great Ages that Scholars have traditionally used.
- Master Timelines of the Five Great Ages
- Detailed Timeline of the Age of Kings
- Detailed Timeline of the Age of Strife
The Age Before
- The Book of Staves
- A Definitive Examination of the History of the World
- The Far Wanderings of the Great Father
- The Myth of Creation of the Horawthi Nomads
The Age of Twilight
The Age of Days
- The Legend of Shadowbane: The tale of Beregund Bladeseeker and the War of the Scourge
- Grimskolderissage: The Story of Cuthric Grimskold
The Age of Kings
The Age of Strife
- The Book of Swords
- The Twelve Articles of Faith
- Winter is Coming
- The Unleashed Darkness: Chronicles of Oblivion
- The Legend of Shadowbane: The rumors and portents of Shadowbaneâ€™s fate and the Worldâ€™s ultimate destiny